Why get financial advice?
The starting point for financial advice is where you want to be in the future. Once we know that, we go to work to get you there
We all have aspirations for both ourselves and our families. Getting financial advice will provide you with a road map of how you'll get from where you are, to where you want to be.
Getting good quality financial advice can be one of the best investments a person or couple ever makes. Here’s why:
- Tools - do you know how long your funds will last in retirement?
- Time - do you have the time to research all the financial offerings available to you, your partner and your family?
- Questions - do you know the questions to ask for each financial choice you have available? Have you and your family asked each other questions such as where you see yourselves in 20 years?
- Access - do you have access to a wide variety of great investment options, which in many cases can only be reached through an adviser?
- Value - do you know if you're getting ripped off with any of your existing investments, insurances, or lending?
If you answered "no" to any of the questions above, it's likely you'll benefit from speaking with one of our financial advisers! Here are some more reasons why this may be great idea:
- Accessing expert knowledge and research.
- Relationship - for those who enter an ongoing relationship with a financial adviser, the adviser gets to know you, your situation, and your goals. This means they will help you navigate any roadblocks you meet on your journey to financial success.
What does financial advice involve?
Sometimes the assistance from our advisers is as simple as helping people define their goals. For others, advice can be comprehensive, and after initial planning, involves forging a relationship that lasts many years. During this time, one of our advisers monitors investments, assists selection and adjustment of investments, and generally addresses ways to achieve the multiple goals that continue to adjust – as people’s circumstances inevitably change with the passing of time. Most often, we'll start with a free and no obligation discussion to see if you might benefit from advice of any kind.
The video below shows just one way the full financial advice process can work:
Contact us to discuss whether financial planning might be right for you.
You may benefit from our assistance in one or more of the following areas:
- Borrowing. Whether for your own home or a loan for an investment property. This type of advice is often called using a mortgage broker, who will help you become debt-free faster, help you find the best lender (often a bank) to suit your situation, and usually negotiate better rates for your lending.
- Protecting. Includes protecting you, your family, your belongings, and possibly even your business from the unexpected. This is often referred to as using an insurance broker, who will help you decide what type of insurance you need, how much cover you require, and which products may best meet your needs.
- Investing. This encompasses investments and retirement planning. This involves advice on investing in a wide variety of investments, and identifying the right mix of investments to meet your risk profile and investment goals.
As we’re not a product provider and aren’t owned by one (unlike some financial advice firms) our team of Authorised Financial Advisers can access all the best investments, insurance, and lending solutions across the country to ensure your needs are met. So that you know our Authorised Financial Advisers are truly putting your interests first, our advisers are all paid a salary instead of commission. They also work with a wide variety of providers, and have no incentive to promote one product over another.
What have you got to lose by discussing your situation with an Authorised Financial Adviser? To arrange a free & no obligation consultation, call 0508 MILESTONE (0508 645 378) or leave your details below. We'll reply within one business day.