Financial advice plans and pricing
Whether you think you may benefit from; investment & financial planning, insurance advice, or assistance to obtain the best mortgage, it would be our pleasure to assist.
- Deciding what to do with deployment allowances or an inheritance?
- Deciding whether to invest in property?
- Not sure what to do after paying off the mortgage?
- Not sure what your retirement will look like?
- Wondering if you're overpaying for insurance?
- Retiring and need to know what to do and how much you can spend each year?
Then the chances are that you'll benefit significantly from financial advice. Comprehensive financial advice designed to examine all aspects of your finances is the quickest and best way to answer any question above, and achieve your financial goals.
All current members of the NZDF, ex-Defence Force members, and members of the wider Defence Community have access to a range of service plans. As one package doesn't fit all, we have different options which are specifically structured to meet the needs of your individual situation. The most popular of these are outlined below, and these plans mean we won't charge you for advice you don't need.
Depending upon the plan selected, our advice can include mortgages, all insurances, KiwiSaver, portfolio service options, MIBP, property investment, and the complete range of NZDF investment schemes.
The plans below are for members of the NZ Defence Community. If you are not an eligible member of the Defence Community, please switch to our public financial advice plans.
Free general advice
Provided by phone or email about any NZDF investment products if the query can be solved in 30 minutes. No written recommendations are provided, and owing to the nature of this advice, it will usually not be personalised for your individual circumstances.
One-off financial advice plan
This is a plan that requires a full analysis by an authorised financial adviser, and a comprehensive written plan developed to meet your unique needs. This can be on any number of the following topics:
- Savings and retirement planning, including NZDF schemes and any other investments
- Buying a home or investment property
- Where and how to invest
- How to best use a windfall, such as operational allowances
- Access to top-tier investment options
- Protecting yourself from the unexpected
- A review of any existing investments & insurances
The one-off financial plan is for people who require advice in any or all areas of their life. For members of the NZDF Community, rates subsidised by more than 50% are available, which reduces the cost to $450.
Ongoing advice plan
This is a comprehensive plan that is exclusively open to those who have first received a one-off plan above. It is designed for people who require regular ongoing advice and assistance to track progress on their financial journey. You receive:
- An annual review of your financial plan and goals
- A six-monthly 'health check'
- A regular e-newsletter
- Direct email and phone access to a financial adviser at all times
- Regular reports
This is provided at an NZDF community discounted rate of $35 per month for an individual, or $45 per month for a couple or family.
Free mortgage advice service (commonly called using a mortgage broker)
When it comes to finding a great mortgage, we have the know-how to help you get an impressive deal. After you reach out to us, we’ll assess your situation and provide you with professional advice on your options, how to strengthen your application, how to structure your mortgage to suit you, and how to become mortgage-free faster. You could save thousands. Best of all, there’s nearly always no cost to you as Milestone Direct Ltd should receive income from the lender. Read more
Complimentary review of your existing mortgage
A complimentary mortgage review could save you thousands in interest over the life of your loan, helping you become mortgage-free years faster. It's not just about getting a better interest rate, it's also about structuring the mortgage the right way for you. Review your mortgage.
Insurance review (commonly called using an insurance broker)
This is a plan that requires a full review of your existing personal insurances by an authorised financial adviser, and a comprehensive written plan developed to meet your unique risk management needs on any number of the following areas:
- life cover
- income insurance
- trauma or accident cover
- disability or incapacitation
- health insurance
The cost for analysing your needs, developing a plan for you, and assisting you implement it is $868 including GST. However, if the review results in any policies being enacted within three months that result in Milestone Direct Ltd receiving income from an insurer, the fee may be waived in-part, or even reduced to zero.
Property investment advice
Specialised property investment advice to secure your next investment property. This usually includes:
- Understanding your appetite for risk
- Analysing your goals
- Analysing your current portfolio (if any)
- Liaison with the lender to ensure suitable lending is established
- Liaison with legal, real estate, and/or accounting professionals as needed to ensure your needs are met
- Cashflow analysis on potential properties
- Arranging property management
$217 per hour including GST.
It would be our pleasure to discuss anything above with you during a free & no obligation initial consultation. Just call 0508 MILESTONE (0508 645 378) or send us your details below. We'll reply within one weekday: